***kawaii blogging fun times***

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Auto Fiction

I've just finished reading Hitomi Kanehara's Auto Fiction. The story follows the ramblings of a young Japanese woman, starting in her early 20s and tracing her life back into her teens.



It's an enjoyable and easy read, even though nothing in particular happens throughout.

It struck me like lightening how incredibly similar my un-medicated mind and the disturbed, paranoid mind of Rin are. Is Kanehara stealing delusions directly from my obsessive, neurotic mind, using them to create "22nd Winter"? (Read my previous entry Mentally Ill? for a little background.)

Reading on there are similarities still. Does Kanehara draw upon her own experiences to create the book? Or has she done her research on the subject? Or perhaps it's just simple to create a neurotic character?

Quite scary really to look back and think about how I used to perceive the world. And how far that self seems from who I am now.

2 comments:

  1. promoted u on my blog and added a link x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have three followers now. Go me! Ha ha :o)

    ReplyDelete